Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Carpe diem




Suddenly looking at old facebook photos on a random Tues night and photos bring back memories.. be it the happy or not so pleasant ones.

Today at the gym while spinning to the Gaga music after hot yoga, I was sweating like mad and while looking at the reflection of myself in front.. it suddenly strikes me that I was smiling non-stop on my face and in my heart and I wondered why. There were noone to talk to me at that point to make me smile nor pretty outfits or heels, but because I am absolutely comfortable being myself and doing what I like.

As I grow older, I realised it's the simple things that make me happy and I didn't need any frills, complications nor drama in my life.

When I was younger, I was more adventurous and just cannot sit still, filling my life with all sorts of funny activities to prevent myself from being bored. I crave for excitement. I learn piano, I learn violin and I chase stars. I fear being judged and sometimes do things for the sake of doing things or to seek confirmation from peers. At the end of the day, it didn't really make sense or feel very happy or secure either.

Now at 25 years old, I have reached a point in which I'm at peace with myself and do things that I really like. That to me is really important and affects my choices in life, be it work, personal or love life. I wouldn't want a job that pays well but something that I have absolutely no interest for. Right now, I am absolutely comfortable with spending time myself and am a introvert that way, but I still enjoy hanging out and yakking with my favourite people.

My mum cooks daily for the family for dinner every day without fail no matter how tired she is. It is always a sumptuous spread and I used to take that for granted. Now, I rush home for dinners and it motivates me to finish my work fast. I feel excited to see my family because even if we are living in the same house, very often we are often too caught up with our own activities to really communicate too much or share our thoughts. I mean it's like in the future when my new house is ready, I would not be able to see them on a daily basis and that kinda saddens me while typing this.

This non-fashion related entry is serving as a self-reminder for myself to seize the moment and be truly happy from within. :)
Carpe diem!

11 comments:

noispollution said...

LOVE THIS POST <3 :) Gonna bookmark this as a self-reminder too, thanks for sharing dear!

Candice Koh said...

LOVING this entry :) GREAT one...

ec said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lester said...

I think I am supposed to be credited for the first two photos!

Ruffledwhiteskirt said...

I really had no idea u r reading my silly fashion blog so I didn't credit u!

ruffledwhiteskirt said...

you are so sweet noi!! :) glad u like it!

ruffledwhiteskirt said...

thanks candice!

Anonymous said...

Truly inspring and motivating! - van

Ashley Wang said...

truly warms my heart :)

ruffledwhiteskirt said...

thank you van, hope you are doing well :)

ruffledwhiteskirt said...

means alot. thank you biyun, keep rocking! <3