Monday, September 14, 2015

Sponsored Post - Are you really happy? #changedestiny



Are you really happy?

Staying happy daily IS a choice.

Even if you aren’t living a life you envisioned, the best part about life is that you have the power to change it.

Here's a story from Priscilla Shunmugam, the driving force behind label Ong Shunmugam, who has stepped forward to share her #changedestiny story. Offering a rare insight to her emotional journey, Priscilla hopes to encourage her fellow Singaporeans walking down the untrodden road.


From young, I like being in control of all aspects in my life and making a decisive change if certain aspects do not make me happy. Like making that last-minute switch in my major during the university days from Economics to Psychology even if the former seems like a more popular choice. And getting out of a relationship that didn't seems to make me as happy as before. If it doesn't make you happy, don't do it. Don't be pressurized by ANYONE to do something you don't like.

However over the years, I've learnt that that persistence of staying in control could be a weakness as letting go at times and letting nature take its course can also be liberating, which is another form of happiness.

Happiness is an active choice and never passive. Throughout the last few months, it has been somewhat like a roller-coaster journey getting used to my body and emotional changes all by myself before the new chapter begins. As much as I confide in my loved ones to keep me going, I choose to stay happy by indulging in the things that I love - exercise, dressing up, family time, pampering sessions and good food.


How do you ensure that you stay happy?





 

It's never too late to take control. 

#changedestiny #areyoureallyhappy

No comments: